Tuesday, August 9, 2011
Looks, Smarts, or Personality?
What attracts people the most? I like to think that no one can be smart, popular, AND good looking, but if you look around you, I am sure you will that one person who seems to have everything. Recently I've been thinking what is more important: looks, smarts, or personality. I do very well in school and I like to pretend that I am intelligent. But honestly I don't think my brain is any different from other people's, I just spent more time of my life studying for tests. After 13 years of test taking, I have to be pretty good at it. I think anyone can become smart. What we consider "smart" is not very hard to achieve. Is it the same with looks and personality? I have never met an UGLY person. Of course some people are more attractive than others, but I don't think anyone is plain ugly. Recently I saw an essay prompt in the SATs asking if potential or confidence is more important. If I think I am pretty, I will look better than if I think I look bad. Ok so you CAN define how smart AND how good you look, what about personality? That is probably the hardest thing to change. First I would have to find what I don't like about my personality, acknowledging a flaw in myself. Then you have to change. CHANGE; that is a big word. Now that we have established that everything about ourselves can be changed, we have to prioritize. No one has time to do all this, especially not in high school, when it all seems to matter a thousand times more. Then which is more important?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment