Saturday, January 21, 2012
"Friendship"
Recently I realized that people don't like to talk to me about the things I think about and post in this blog. I even think that it pointless sometimes to think about these things since they are not going to change, but I enjoy thinking and talking about right and wrong, possibilities, dreams, philosophies, and all that stuff that are not today part of daily conversation. But the thing I am thinking about right now is the definition of friendship. Is there one? We live in a world where everyone has their own definitions and even if two definitions are contradictory we are all right because the goal of today's society is to avoid conflict. I have also realized recently that one will do anything out of pure good will. We all get something in return to act in a certain way, even friends. You could argue that friends are the most selfish people in the world because they are just using you not to the alone. I am not saying anything about my friends, because they are the best friends anyone could have, but it just gets me thinking what the definition of friend it. Is it just anyone I can say "hi" to on a daily basis? Because someone has said to me that that's their definition of "friend". Well then, everyone I meet at school are my "friends". Ok now, to me, friends are only those people you can count on. People who will go out of their comfort zone to do something for you. How many people do you have on your "friend" list now, because I doubt that all your facebook "friends" are real Friends. My anthropology professor once gave me an indirect definition in class. He said that the people you surround yourself with are a reflection of who you are at that point in time. Well then, you want to hang with people you connect with right? Or at least you would think so. He also said that friends are those whom you can send as your representatives to a college admissions interview.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment