What if there is a happiness quota in the world? Maybe God has a happiness balance and there is only a certain amount of happiness each person can receive. So if something really bad happened to me this week, I could except something very good to happen right? Well, there is really no way of knowing this because it could be argued that some people suffer their entire lives to receive eternal happiness in heaven (actually that doesn't work because we will all receive eternal happiness in heaven). My point being, I really want to be accepted by Yale and I find out in 5 days... and I am just trying to see signs that God will get in me in, signs that may not even exist. Sometimes I think of situations this way: why would I feel so strongly about something or somebody if it is not meant to be?
Now that I think more about it, allotted happiness is subjective, like everything else. What I consider happiness may not be considered even positive in some regions of the world. For example I am not particularly happy when I drink a cup of water but a kid in Ethiopia might be overrun with joy by being able to drink water until his thirst is quenched. So, relatively speaking, if I consider myself happy right now, I should except something bad to happen soon. Maybe this is the writings of a guilty conscience or another way of explaining karma.
Less than a week!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment